Friday, October 25, 2013

Some Progess

    The newest care quilt is bagged up- book, quilt, card- ready to go!

   The patriotic quilt, strips sewn by my mom, blocks cut and sewed by me. I am taking the blame, because when I got it all together, even though I laid it all out, taped numbers to every block, I had sewed 3 of them facing the wrong way and noticed them when it went on the wall. Yikes. I had to rip out, resew, and a couple of the block corners are really bad meeting, but I do not dare rip anymore because I can see it getting worse. I am thinking of a thin white strip border with a thicker black (same fabric as in quilt) one. I need to only add 5 inches because then it will be 60 x 60, which I try to keep to so I can use a king size batting cut into quarters. I did not intend for this to be a square, but this size in the pattern is. The pattern is from Cozy Quilts, Tube Top. This is another comfort quilt.

Needs borders yet


4 comments:

Michelle said...

It's very pretty!

Peg said...

Very cool! Like looking into a kaleidoscope.

Jan said...

Wow, I really like that!

Sally in WA said...

I think it looks very nice. :-)