I had a collection of fat quarters that I had put together because they were all happy bright prints. I decided to put together some fabrics in collections as inspired by Julie. The quilt, Elvira, needed just the amount of fat quarters in the bright stack.
|One of the layout possibilities|
It was fun to follow along although it took me longer than the day of the videos. I made some dumb mistakes, like making more Block A's than Block B's so I was short fabric and had to hunt for a couple more fat quarters. I was able to use the new ruler because I went slowly and did sample cuts before I cut the good fabric. It was an unusual way for me to put together a quilt together.
It is on my design wall and I like the cheer it broadcasts. I don't know what the backing will be. I will figure out how to quilt it when it gets on the longarm.
The pattern was free when the quiltalong was first posted, so I saved and if I can find some more interesting fabric, I will make another one. It is a fun construction quilt.