I bought 2 great jelly rolls of an Anna Marie Horner line that I thought would work for Fire and Ice. I followed the instructions to the T, marked everything with blue painting tape, measured 4 times, then cut. When I tried to lay out the first set of strip sets, the right pattern did not emerge. I asked my husband, can you see where I went wrong. He took the strips, looking at the pattern photo, figured out the pattern and the result was I had to reattach the tube strips and correct the numbers so that the opening strip numbers would work. The first part of the pattern, the top, took a long time to get right. The second half, the bottom, was a lot easier as I used the correct numbers I had jotted down on the pattern. I still can't figure out where I could have gone wrong from the original pattern numbers. The segment sizes were correct, but the numbers for ripping out between were not.
Now, I do need to put a border on it because I do not want all those seams in the binding. I have no idea what fabric or color to use to showcase all the movement, and not take away from the design. I am happy with how it sewed up.