Thursday, April 7, 2022

Tale of a comfort quilt

      This story is about a quilt top called Shoshin that QuiltDiva Julie made and sent to me to quilt and gift. The backing and binding were already made- what's not to like about that?
       It quilted beautifully with Glide Celery. I straight line quilted the strips, did a loop center motif in the squares and did concentric circle pieces in the setting triangles. Love the binding fabric.  

All the ingredients




      Somewhere at finishing the binding up and photographing it on the wall, my granddaughter falls in love and lays claim. I was hesitant, but Julie said ok. Well, she was sick last week with a horrible cold and I watched her some of the days when Mom and Dad were working. And then again, a fever hit her yesterday and today (not Covid). She asked for the quilt and spent a good deal of time under it resting and then took it home.
Poor darling's feverish red cheeks


10 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh it found the PERFECT home!!! it looks amazing on her ;-) Hope she is feeling better!!!

Quilting Babcia said...

Sometimes a quilt is the very best medicine, especially when it's glorious shades of purple and pink!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is such a treat that she loved the quilt and wanted to take it home. We don't always get to have the things we love....she's a winner.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love that she loved the quilt - I had such a good time making the top. You did a wonderful job on the quilting. What a happy ending (so long as she gets to feeling better - then it will be a VERY happy ending).

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

What a beautiful quilt for a beautiful girl - the perfect match - ;))

O'Quilts said...

Awwww What a perfect gift..one that she loves...Good going Grandma!!! Be so proud xoxo

Vicki W said...

Clearly that quilt was just the right medicine for her!

Gene Black said...

I love it! It is so pretty, front and back. I love the binding too. She looks so sweet under it - I think it was meant for her all along.

Gwen said...

What a beautiful quilt with lovely quilting and a wonderful quilt story. I hope your granddaughter is well.

Mystic Quilter said...

A beautiful quilt and I remember Julie stitching this one up. It's a real beauty and your granddaughter is a very lucky girl - apart from being unwell - I hope she recovers quickly. I'm loving the happy smile fas she snuggles under the quilt.