Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Baby, baby, baby

     No, it is not a song, but three baby quilts I am making for Hands2Help and Little Lambs. I have three tops finished. The free pattern, Speedy Baby 2, 45 x 45, is what I used. I made a pink and a blue and then tried my hand at sewing flannel that I bought on sale at Joann's. Made sure I washed it first. I only have sewn flannel pillowcases that the family wants every Christmas.
     It uses charm squares. I normally cut scrap fabric into set sizes and 5" is one of them. I looked through the kids' 5" boxes and pulled out squares for 3 quilts- one blues and two pinks.


The Flannel one


     Now to get them quilted in a month. There is one comfort quilt almost ready to start on there now.


7 comments:

Gene Black said...

That pattern will be great to keep in mind for making baby quilts. Thanks!

I do try to quilt less densely on a baby quilt. That helps get them quilted faster.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a super great pattern - LOVE the variations you are making!!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Those are cute! I agree Gene - big and loopy quilting makes for soft and cuddly - and fast - ;))

Cathy said...

Cute!

Vicki W said...

These will be very cute and appreciated baby quilts.

Gwen said...

These baby quilts are fun. Love your variations.

Mystic Quilter said...

Three delightful baby quilts, I especially love the colour of the second one Linda.