Because of the busyness of the Zebra stripes, I knew it needed a border. I tried a whole bunch of ideas but settled on a green diamond fabric. The color was perfect and the fabric had enough busyness to be part of the stripes. If I was making show quilts, the fabric would all have to be cut so that the diamonds all went in the same direction, but I am not a show quilter and I cut all the fabric strips WOF.
I tried cornerstones instead of meeting those diamonds in the corners. I found four blues I liked and let my granddaughter (8) choose because she has a great eye for color and can explain why she chooses things. Now, I will have to find some backing that will work with this quilt and get it ready for quilting.
|Choosing the cornerstones|
|All sewn on|
This is the Zebra pattern from Lynne Tyler
In her blog, she also talked about a new cutting mat. I needed a new one, so I bought the Rhino Mat, 2' x4' which has no lines and is translucent. The company was very good in delivering and I love it. It works so much better than the two mats I had there and cutting caught in the crack when cutting.
|It went flat after this pretty quickly|
|Now it fits right next to my pressing mats. |
This is a working studio, so there is lots of different stuff out
which bothers some people, not me.