No, not the animal, the quilt Zebra. I was able to sew all the blocks and get it together. This pattern is from Lynne Tyler, from her Etsy shop. The variation of mine is the Firebird. I was asked to be a pattern proofer for the blocks. I have a whole slew of blocks that did not work in this layout, so I need to make an arrangement of those and just sew them together. I have a green diamond border picked out and will show that in another post.
After I sewed the half square rectangles together, I did use webbing for the whole top and it worked just fine, no mistakes. I learned I have a hard time cutting pieces when I have to repeatedly move rulers for each block to cut the sides. It fit together fine. I used fork pins to pin the HSR because they held the seam better than single straight pins.
|Layout when I knew I needed some other blocks as the purple/green ones were awful. I placed idea fabric to the side of the layout to see what I thought.|
|Layout with new fabric blocks added, others removed|
|All blocks sewn, border choice awaits|
|Fork pins at seam intersections so they meet 1/4" down from edge|
|How I pinned- flower pin pushed through where seam should meet, then fork pin inserted |
on either side of the seam, and then flower pin pulled out.