Finally, I tackled cutting the rest of the triangles for the Zebra quilt. I was asked to proof the directions for it and made a couple then. I am not the best at moving rulers multiple times for one cut and not getting some slippage. This was a bit hard for me to cut which is why it sat for months. Today, while the grandkids were doing remote school, I girded up and cut them, very slowly to finish cutting all the strip sets. There are four stacks for me to start and put up on the design wall. I have a feeling there are not enough color combos, although enough cut pieces, to make a top.
The Joyful Quilter posted a pattern called Magic Stars and it fascinated me as I have a basket of 10" squares I had cut. I pulled out the basket and made a few to see how it looked. After thinking about it on the design wall, I paired enough squares to make a comfort quilt. When I need something mindless, I will cut all the pairs. Very simple, no seams matching, just what you need sometimes.
|Stack of pairs to be cut|