Friday, April 3, 2020

Robins, and flowers and bears, oh my!

     Since my grandchildren (10 and 8) are out of school, I try to do something fun, crafty or outdoors with them a couple of times a week. They live across the street. Yesterday was a fine sunny, blue sky day. We went for a 2+ mile walk looking for birds, flowers, and the newest thing- teddy bears in windows. We saw some robins, crocuses, a few daffodils and 15 bears in windows. They wanted to keep going, but this lady was tired out. I took the camera along and we took 42 photos. 
Anenomes
Daffodils
Crocus

Hellebores from my garden

      When we got home, I took the photos off into the computer, cropped them and printed out the bear ones. We cut them out and made a book (sewing the signatures) which they will then write the stories of the bears.  Some of my favorites of the 15 we saw.
My favorite




       It was good to get out and not think about anything but spring and outdoor stuff.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Love the bear hunt! What a great way to spend an afternoon. Try a savenger hunt next time....I have seen ideas posted on line for items to search for outside.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Going on a Bear Hunt is huge in our town, too -- DH counted 13 in his walk the other night. We had Humphrey at our front door but we're too far back from the street so no one could see him (sigh). Good idea to make the booklet.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is definitely spring in your area with all of the pretty blooms, and the robin standing at attention.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh what fun!!! Love the bear hunt .. the town closest to us is doing that for the kids too - I thought it was great - but since I live in the middle of nowhere... I was no help. Glad you are entertaining the kids!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love this post Linda, a shot of colour and cheerfulness! Bear hunts abound here in New Zealand also and we see the children gong past son their daily walks counting up how many they see. I had one smallish one in the remembered we had a large panda in the store cupboard which had been bought for our youngest child
(45 years ago) so he joined baby bear - problem was our little cat sits on that particular window sill and took fright at the panda - he now lives in another window!
On the subject of your other photos it was so good to see the robin, I do miss these little birds here in NZ, and your Spring flowers are a delight, especially the crocus!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've always loved Pooh. We have a bear on a swing in our window.