Thursday, July 8, 2021

It is all in bloom

     I never want to go on vacation this time of the year, because this is when everything is in full bloom in the garden. When it is ugly gray and dead outside, then I want to go.
     I thought I would show some photos of my gardens and the next post will have closeups of flowers and pots. I have a small yard, 55' x 145'. That is fine, except I have to be extra creative to get all kinds of plants in. Lots of times, I have had to take out things- like the blue spruce we chopped down at Christmas. It always changes. I am grateful for rain this year, not so much for the red lily beetle carnage.
     My husband does all the stone stacking, block placement. I plant, weed, and take the photos.









This is where the spruce was cut down, so I need to refigure this area. It is cleaned out and mulched right now. The little pots are perennials I am nursing along till fall planting.


Windows of our back addition- a family room



Tiny pond, 4 goldfish, snails and chicken wire to keep out cats and birds, now a fox.


Open area where spruce tree was, added patio blocks along fence to help keep area clean of leaves

Patio with fire pit now fixed

Patio, then the small deck




10 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You really have packed in a lot of variety in your garden spaces. I have always loved the stacked stone edgings for gardens. You have the look of the English cottage gardens with all of the variety of tall, medium and short plants and lots of color all mixed together. Thanks for the wonderful tour.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

WOW!! You have a beautiful garden - ;))

Pat McDonald said...

Your Garden is Beautiful, you must really spend a lot of time out there working.

Barb said...

What a FABULOUS garden display. I feel like I've been to a park. Your designs are so great, I love the mixed beds and the colorful deck pots.
I've always wanted a little pond but have never managed it....Maybe one day.
thanks for sharing your lovely yard

Quiltdivajulie said...

Absolutely gorgeous - and those blooms represent SO many hours of nurturing and hard work!

O'Quilts said...

Unbelievably beautiful. Nice to have the sun to grow things..my yard is mostly shade. This was a lovely post. Looking forward to the close ups...Hopefully your sewing room is in that stunning addition with all the windows. xo

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful gardens, Linda!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

How gorgeous!! all that color - I would just want to sit there and dream ( okay maybe read too!)

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh just glorious Linda!!! We are having wet, cold and wintery weather down under so these photos of your garden and patio setting have cheered me no end, thank you.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Pretty garden. My son does the garden. I can't grow anything but dust and dog fur.