Friday, July 23, 2021

Floral 2 x 4 Package

      The quilting had to be done quickly although the top was done awhile ago. I received a referral for a woman undergoing chemo and right after I dried up all the art show stuff, I started quilting the floral 2 by 4. So far, this is the third quilt I have made with this pattern. It uses strips and is so adaptable to any style of fabric. I believe the backing came from a donation by Gwen.
     I did a different type of quilting in each row the long way. I figure if you are sitting for hours during treatment, the varied fabric and quilting might occupy the mind for a bit. I handed the package off and hope the recipient, whom I don't know, is comforted by it.



The whole Comfort Quilt Package which is then put in a giant Ziploc bag for delivery

10 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I love how you do different designs in each of the different sections - it will be a great comfort to the recipient - ;))

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Fabulous scrappy goodness. I love the idea of using a variety of quilting motifs for interest.

WarmQuilts said...

What a precious Comfort Quilt Package! Your artistic and creative touch, with multiple types of quilting, is heartfelt by the giver and and for recipient, too.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Another nice comfort quilt. It's great of you to make these.

O'Quilts said...

Just perfect

The Joyful Quilter said...

I really like this one, Linda! Simple to make and a great use of leftover strips.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the 2 x 4 pattern and your florals are perfect, picking out all the different floral fabrics in the quilt will surely help occupy the mind, I've been zooming in myself to look at the fabrics!

Deanna said...

The care and detail you put into your quilting makes each finish even more special for the receiver.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Another wonderful comfort quilt. And what a good idea to use the vertical columns for different motifs. I'm about to use the two by four approach on a long-postponed project that has gone through too (way too) many design iterations. It is time for it to move forward.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Its beautiful - comfort and love will be felt!!