Friday, July 16, 2021

Comfort Quilt Seeds

      Wow, I received 2 quilts in the mail from Quiltdiva Julie to use for comfort quilts. The first was the Plaid HSTs. I knew I wanted to make it bigger to be a better comfort size. When I buy fabric I think I may want to use for borders, I buy a half yard. Not a good plan. If I need it wider, it is not enough. Note to self- buy a yard or more, it will get used.

As done by Julie

     I found the perfect light green with white dots design, but only had enough for a finished 2.5" border. I tried a bunch of other solids, but this green worked real well, but it was short. I found a hunk of green plaid with other colors from the quilt in it and made cornerstones. Still not enough. I added more squares on one side as a little aha spot. Now it is about 63 x 72 and will cover someone well who needs it. On to find backing. It is so fun to take a quilt and tweak it to the comfort level. Sorry for photo color discrepancies, you get the idea



6 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love the way you added some “happy” to the border!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

What a "Happy" quilt! It was happy before you added the border - now it's even MORE happy. You and Quiltdivajulie did a lovely job - ;))

The Joyful Quilter said...

I really like the unexpected "bonus squares" used to fill out the final border, Linda! That worked like a charm.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh wow!!! I loved that quilt at just the half squares - but that border just makes it sing!! LOVE it!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the green borders here, great match with the green HSTs.

Vicki W said...

You and Julie make a great team!