Saturday, July 10, 2021

Flowers on Parade

     Well, on parade in my yard, I mean. Since my yard is small, I plant alot of pots and containers with annuals to make a color splash.  Yes, you do have to water more. Yes, you have to plant new ones every year. Yes, I think it is more than worth it to live among them.
     Here are some lovelies, more to come another day.

I love geraniums- especially pale pink ones


Potted cyclamen from a tiny Christmas arrangement gift- it is getting happier

This big coleus was from a successful cutting in the fall that rooted, first time ever, the puny one next to it is an unsuccessful one. They were both the same size in the fall.




Two fancy leaf geraniums that I have wintered inside for the past couple of years. They look pretty scraggly by spring, but they fill out when they get back outside.




I found this begonia this year, and I knew it had to go in my new yellow pot.
I am going to try and winter it inside.


7 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

You certainly have a wonderful collection of potted plants in your garden, I'm afraid I am sometimes lax with watering my pots, consequently a lot of geraniums were lost last summer. Love the begonia in your last photo and your mixed planting is something I must try come Spring/Summer.

Joyce Carter said...

All of the flowers are sooo pretty. You have a great eye for color.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

So many beautiful flowers!! - ;))

Pat McDonald said...

Love your Annuals, you have a beautiful eye for color.


O'Quilts said...

Just wonderful display....beautiful....In Miami we had tons of Coleus. I rooted them and spread them around. I was younger then and more able. Now, I will just enjoy yours!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love that seed company planter. I grew lots of geraniums when we lived in Indiana - here we grow coleus more successfully. Flowers feed the soul!

JustGail said...

Your flowers are Gorgeous! I bet the pollinators are quite happy and well fed.