Sunday, September 8, 2024

Low volume blocks ready to load!

    Another quilt project gifted by Quiltdiva Julie is the low volume strip blocks. I cut them diagonally, added burnt orange strips (fabric also gifted by her), and played with a number of layouts until this one emerged. I just love the fabrics used for the strips. Of course, I had to cobble together another row to make the design work.
    Well, I webbed it and sewed on a cool border print (Bohemian Rhapsody). Now it goes to the quilting line up. Hopefully my ruler work from the upcoming class will be able to bear fruit on this top! Yes, the border fabric is gradated, not a lighting issue. I like that. Don't know what the binding will be. I never decide until it is quilted and trimmed. Then I audition fabric next to it.


3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That border fabric is a nice addition to it.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Again, you have done wonders with those lackluster blocks and have given them a new life - well done!

Mystic Quilter said...

I didn't scroll down far enough first time to see that you had finished up this quilt and you came up with great placement of the blocks, the burnt orange strips pick out the little pops of orange in some of the blocks.