Saturday, July 27, 2024

Those wonderful low volumes plus solids extravaganza!



All these in one fabulous box! (Plus strips to left side)

    A very big box arrived from Quiltdiva Julie with all these gorgeous solid colors jam packed ready for color sorting.

      Also in the mail was a squishy from Quiltdiva Julie of blocks that were strips of low volume prints, wonderful ones. I fooled around with them along with some fabric she sent separately. In my head, I could see a burnt red orange working with these blocks. In the huge box of solids and blender fabric, there were 4 different kinds of that fabric- meant to be!

    I folded two blocks with the color fabric in the middle. I decided to sew two blocks together. With the wide strips at the bottom right sides together, I cut them diagonally to make two sets of blocks. I inserted a 1 1/2" stripe of the burnt orange as the diagonal. I did a bunch of layouts, but then made 4 more blocks out of extra fabric she sent to make the layout of my choice. Next step, webbing the whole thing with more burnt orange around it for a 1st border.







Final Layout after making 4 more blocks. Now to web sew.

3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

THIS makes me so very happy - those blocks were dead boring and you found a way to make them work! Fun to see the different options - I like the one you chose the best.

Gene Black said...

I love taking blocks and inserting strips into them to make them more interesting. Good job.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

its amazing how adding that pop of color brings those blocks to life!! Way to go - and totally... meant to be!