Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Flowers make the yard go round

    Thank you for all the wonderful comments on yesterday's post. My intention was to encourage current quilters and remind other quilters about the power of the quilt so they can engage in this activity. Many are discouraged and feel like there is nothing meaningful one person can do. Creating and giving enlarges you and makes a difference to  others.

     I have a very small lot. I would love more land. I try to make the best use of it and this year I bought some standing planters (thank you Cathy for encouragement) so I could have lettuce, tomatoes, peppers and some green onions. I really love flowers and use a lot of pots and planters.  I forgot to take pictures of the deck plants, got to go do it! Forgot the tomato planter also. My husband is building a pergola, so when the roof goes on, I will show it to you. So, this is a snippet of my dinky yard.


Bought four of these from Tractor Supply, my new fave store!




5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Everything in your yard is so pretty. I love pots full of plants everywhere.

Gene Black said...

You have made your small space beautiful. I love those standing planters.

Jeanna said...

Everything is so pretty. You've done a great job with your garden. We are on a slope so my gardening space is very limited. I've recently started purchasing gardening pots/barrels from Tractor Supply. It is also a favorite of mine.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

So very pretty!! LOVE your standing planters!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh I see foxgloves in your beautiful garden, so colourful and with all your planting no room for pesky weeds! I do like the container idea for growing some of your vegetables, I'm think possibly an idea for on our decking area.