Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Yenter Kaleidoscope

    I think I have only bought 4 kits in my whole quilting career. I like to make my own choices and tweaks. Two of the kits I remade differently. One I changed from raw edge applique to set in strips. And then I saw this Floragraphix V Jason Yenter border fabric with pattern at the Quilted Twins and bought the fabric. I read the instructions many times until I understood how the borders were cut and layered. I made  kaleidoscope quilts before that were cut from the full fabric (Maxine Rosenthal book), so this was different plus they are much bigger. I bought the orange as in the pattern photo, but I am wondering if a turquoise would be better.



Would turquoise be better than the recommended orange? I only have a scrap of this turquoise, used it for color idea.


The pattern and fabrics cut.

Have to press seams open on this type of block!


4 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Gosh I do like the kaleidoscope design Linda and your choice of fabric makes a superb kaleidoscope and the colours are so warm and bright.For myself I would choose the orange fabric for the corners, the turquoise seems to lead my eyes away from the centre kaleidoscope.

Gene Black said...

I like the orange much better.

Mary-Jeanine said...

I'm just getting started on this quilt! Did you use a ruler or the paper template included in the pattern?

Vicki W said...

Oooh, I love this quilt! I always choose the warmer colors, so it's orange for me. But I think turquoise would also work.