Wednesday, September 4, 2024

More fun, this time with Kaffe fabric

    Well, I am so fortunate to be gifted a whole raft of Kaffe fabric squares and pieces- enough to make a comfort quilt from the wonderful Quiltdiva Julie! I oohed and ahhed opening the squishy and I thought of a pattern I bought from Material Girlfriends called Wallah. It calls for cutting up a layer cake into 5" squares. I don't like to do that as that 10" layer cake is always precious to me so I try to use it for bigger cuts. Well, the squares from Julie were 6" so the quilt would be a better size for a comfort quilt than with 5" ones. 

    Made a sample set and yes, I am going to keep going. The pattern is fairly easy except the trimming of the block is tricky. I ruined a couple because it is not even across the two blocks. I had to read and re-read the diagram which could have been bigger and had a star or note to highlight the unusual trimming.

Sample with 4 blocks

Cache of gifted fabric!

6 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

What you are doing with those squares is far more interesting than my failed plan!

Gene Black said...

Oooh! I like it!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

This looks like an interesting pattern.

Joyce Carter said...

Linda, that block is so gorgeous with those fabrics. I have never seen that one before. The quilt will be awesome!

Mystic Quilter said...

This is an amazing design! The surprise package of those luscious blues would be a treat!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is perfect for those amazing colorful fabrics!!