Monday, September 16, 2024

Kaleidoscope Korners and Judging

      I finished sewing the Yenter kaleidoscope blocks and put them on the wall. The borders will go on after the blocks are sewn. I tried half orange and half turquoise. Yuck! I then put all the orange up that the pattern calls for. Better, but then I found the identical fabric in blue and green on a big Quilted Twins sale. So, I will wait until that fabric comes in before I sew anything else.

     Also, got the results for the Quilts Unlimited Show from The View in Old Forge, NY finally after a 5 day delay. No more show entries for me.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Disappointing about the quilt show - the more I look at your quilt the more I love it, go figure!

Ceci

Vicki W said...

That's a bummer about the quilt show but the kaleidoscope blocks are fabulous!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Whether you get in or not depends on the tastes of the jurors who do the selecting for the show. Some people enter multiple show with the same quilt, get rejected from one, place third in one and get best of show in another. Your blue quilt is beautiful no matter what.

Gene Black said...

As Wanda said, show entries are judged very subjectively. I quit entering art shows because of it. I have never entered a quilt show for that reason.

Donnie said...

Phooey! I love your quilt and was looking forward to seeing it in person. I hate the juror of selection thing they use. Their argument is that they use it for all the other exhibits, as well.
Remember the wonderful Vermont Quilt Festival? They just took the first 200 entries. And it was always great and it was always great. Phooey, again