Monday, September 9, 2024

Crumbs combined play together

     For a long while, as leader enders or when I was frustrated with something, I sewed these blue crumb blocks with a red diamond center. I tried all sorts of ways to work them. I finally decided I would just make 7" Unfinished blocks and pile them up. After a substantial pile of them, I stuck them on the wall with all sorts of combos and added borders, like piano keys. Nothing jelled. Finally, I thought, keep it simple and just put them in rows and columns. Looked okay. Then I used a scrappy border of blues so I did not have all those seams in a binding (I really dislike tons of seams in a binding- just doesn't lay right).
    I decided to go real crazy and enter it in a show in at the View in the ADK. A couple of years ago my entries were rejected and I was crushed. Because the deadline was Aug. 30th, I forced myself to do a simple straight line design to give it texture and get it done. Ok. Then I entered it with lots of problems with computer entry forms. Sept. 9th I find out whether it or the pink floral OBW were rejected. If so, I will not try this again. It is expensive and wrenching because you don't know why it was rejected. I just wanted more people to see it in person. I will put it in my guild show next year anyways.
    So here is Ordering Chaos, 51 x 63.


Back

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Rows and columns were perfect, no need to break it up with sashing or anything else. Beautiful blues!
I gave up on entering shows because of the high entry fees and hassle and cost of mailing.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I absolutely love Ordering Chaos!!! It is splendid! (and ironically I saved off that tutorial just a day or so ago). I quit entering shows due to the cost and the related shipping hassles a few years back.

Vicki W said...

I particularly love the way the red centers are on point and not centered.

Quilting Babcia said...

Love this new quilt! The diamond centers are a perfect touch. I've never entered a show and don't plan to. I make quilts because I love to, and give most of them away other than the few that stay with the family. Works for me.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love it!!! Fantastic collection of blues and the little red diamond centres just sit beautifully into the blocks.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a SUPER quilt. the colors are all so pretty and the pops of color make your eyes wander! Fingers crossed it gets in!