Tuesday, January 25, 2022

New Bargello project

     I guess I am kind of hooked on making Bargellos (thanks to a Left-Handed Quilter). Somehow the finished product gives me a tingle or two. Jelly roll prices have skyrocketed, and I was looking for a suitable combination of colors/values and a price that did not make me faint. I found these Anna Maria Horner (thinking of you, Maureen) ones at Quilt in a Day and not a bad price. What is not to like about FreeSpirit fabrics?
     When I got them, I tried a variety of strip layouts to make them flow in value. These photos are of some of the later tries. It takes 4 sets of strips, 20 fabrics in a set, which 2 jelly rolls give. The pattern I will use is Fire and Ice from Fons and Porter (purchased, also has a free video). I have had no time to sew the strip sets yet.

Fire and Ice photo from pattern




6 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Have you thought about cutting 2.5" strips to make your own Linda-roll ? Great way to bust some stash . . . I like that Fire and Ice design.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This will be so pretty!

Joyce Carter said...

Very pretty. I really love the Fire and Ice design.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks for the shout-out! Bargellos are really fun - and this one should be really pretty!! - ;))

Gene Black said...

Those will make a lovely version of that pattern. It will be fun to see the strata once you get it sewn

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the term Linda- roll from Julie, the amh fabrics are glorious and read perfectly dark through to light.