Friday, January 7, 2022

Trees, ok, Christmas Trees

      Nobody probably wants to see Christmas trees, but I started a couple of days before Christmas on making these improv ones that I had been saving the pattern for a long time. I used 5" squares as I had a lot of those colors in my 5" boxes. They finish at 3 1/2 x 5.
     I was going to make just a table runner, but then the addictive and calming nature of sewing them was perfect for holiday stress and I kept going. I bought some clearance Christmas fabric at Joann's and it is ready to load on my longarm. I love evergreen trees. I paint them on my Christmas cards and never tire of them.

2021 cards


Choosing inner border

Choosing outer border

Got crazy and mitered outer border, now to quilt

7 comments:

Ramona said...

This is such a cute quilt! Your border choices are perfect.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Trees grow year round so why not make quilts with them year round? The border is perfect with the trees.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your Christmas tree cards are so wonderful - I keep them out (and together) all year. Very nice version of the improv tree quilt - that border really makes it sing.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree - your border choices are perfect!! - ;))

Gene Black said...

Your Christmas cards are gorgeous.
I Love the tree quilt. You could indeed make that pattern all year - just make it with all different colors. How fun would it be made entirely of a rainbow selection of scraps!

Vicki W said...

I loved you Christmas tree card this year! The tree quilt is so cute. I've wanted to make a tree quilt but it just hasn't moved up the list yet.

Mystic Quilter said...

I was thrilled to receive your Christmas card a few days ago, lovely colours. Your Christmas Tree quilt is super, love the border fabrics and I guess this will out on display next Christmas.