Sunday, January 9, 2022

Scrappy Trips layout emerges

      A couple of years ago, I cut the strips for Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Trips. Somehow, I thought it would be a quick quilt. I kept the strips in the block bundles and from time to time, I sewed a couple of blocks. There are only 30 blocks (made 32), but it seemed an eternity to sew them. In fact, The Left-handed quilter showed how to make the Upstairs, Downstairs pattern (I have had trouble typing in her search bar) and I made two of those in the meantime. I like the controlled palette of jelly rolls, but they are hard to find just the right ones that will work.
     I was surprised at first when I put these on the wall as it seem jumbled, but after a day or so, it grew on me. I clipped them together for webbing and will take them to our guild March quilt retreat. 



10 comments:

Sewgirl said...

I love it! You did a great job. Thanks for sharing.

Mystic Quilter said...

Fantastic - not jumbled just beautifully scrappy and full of colour.

Gene Black said...

I really like that layout. It is a wonderful "use all the colors" quilt. Plus, it is a very happy quilt.

Lesley Gilbert said...

When I made mine I shuffled the blocks around over a few days - eventually I found the right colour combo. Yours is a great finish :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love it!! we did them with white in the center and blues and red for qov's - Love how scrappy they can be;-)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Really cheerful colors - I made one or two of these a long while back and I continue to like looking at them but I don't know if I want to actually make another. Yours is wonderful!!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your layout shows off all of the colors really well! I like the scrappy look - it's VERT happy!! - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

oops!! VERY happy!! - ;))

Kathy S. said...

Love all the scrappy fabrics in this. My eyes keep moving all over the quilt. Lovely!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Fun and bright quilt! It's a great layout, I love it.