Sunday, February 13, 2022

Valentine crazies

      I have missed posting because of overload in my mind and studio. I have more ideas and plans than cranial space and 24 hour space. If only I did not have to sleep. Actually, I need more sleep as I have been waking up after 4 hours and unable to meaning I am a zombie by 3 pm.
     Tomorrow is Valentines Day and I am relieved I could get all the cards made and sent out. There is always a point I don't think I will make it. What seems like a good idea to make ends up being more work than I figured when you multiply it by 70. I am glad I had lots of small red and pink scraps and scrap batting.

Untrimmed, unironed blocks waiting for backing and batting

At this point, the blocks are sewn with batting and backing, turned inside out, either big stitch hand sewing or machine decorative stitich sewn

     After sewing the blocks and trimming them, they have to get a batting, backing, turned right side out, stitched around the heart, glued to a color paper and then card (Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue), the inside stamped and written, the address labels printed out (forgot what program and had to relearn it), adhered, stamps and return address labels on, and taken to the Post Office. Piece of cake. Right.
     A good friend gave me a Pfaff Passport 2.0 with all these decorative stitches on it. I only have vintage machines, mostly straight stitchers, a couple of zigzaggers. She was looking to downsize and I enabled her. I started with big stitch hand quilting, but quickly changed over to the machine. My hand sewing is pathetic. Some of you may have received a hand sewn one. Try to think of it as rustic flavor.

13 comments:

O'Quilts said...

Oh, my, lucky me received one yesterday. I am honored to be on your list of friends xoxoxo

Joyce Carter said...

Wow! There is sooo much that goes into making these. I had no idea. Just know that it was very much appreciated and I will treasure it. Thank you for considering me as your friend. Take care and stay warm.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I see that I got hand stitching on mine. Thank you so much!!

Pat McDonald said...

Thank you for one of your
special Valentine Hearts. It is Beautiful and I save everyone you send me.

Gene Black said...

Those are very nice Linda. I know everyone that gets one will appreciate it whether it is sewn by hand or by machine.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Such a labor of heart and love - your cards are beautiful!!

Nann said...

What a great project!

Sally Trude said...

I have assured Buddy that your valentine to him was real and true, and all of these others are from a sense of obligation or fear.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

THANK YOU!! I see a corner of mine in the bottom LEFT corner of Photo #4 - and it's the second one in the bottom row of Photo #5. I am truly honored to be on your mailing list - ;))

Cindy said...

What a labor of LOVE! So dang cute!!!!!

Vicki W said...

We absolutely loved our card and are so grateful to be on the list!

Unknown said...

My sweet Valentine arrived the other day. Thank you, Linda!! I'm SEW thrilled to add another of your LOVE-ly cards to my collection.
(The Joyful Quilter @ work.)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh my goodness! you have so many things going on your brain can't shut down!
What pretty cards!!!