Friday, February 25, 2022

Continuing on towards finish line

     So far, these products are taking the place of my usual thread that hold fabric together:


     Silicone to hold the sheet of glass in the frame (wow, what a messy job!), E6000 to hold glass shards on the glass sheet, Krazy glue to hold the hooks on the frame. If anyone knows better products than what I used, feel free to let me know. I prefer thread and fabric.
Cleaning up my messy silicone application by razor blade.
     I was able to buy some more frames and glass from the stained glass store (Gleam and Glimmer, https://gleamandglimmer.com/index.php)

More frames, carboard backs removed, all silicone sealed and cleaned

     Tried these hooks, bent the prongs flat, glued with Krazy Glue
and clamped to dry.

     Also, bought more shards, by the pound, to make more. I put them in plastic boxes to keep the colors sorted. You can see my butterfly sketch under the orange glass box. How about those crazy nippers? Learned to use them and bought a pair.
     Hope you are not bored with this project.



7 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

NOT bored - I find this most interesting!

Joyce Carter said...

I agree. This is very interesting and fascinating to see and learn what you are doing. I believe you have accomplished a new hobby. Enjoy it and keep doing it.

Gene Black said...

Wow, that appears to be a lot of work! However, the results are fantastic. And I am never bored with seeing how art is made.

Cathy said...

Totally awesome! Brilliant idea! It's been very interesting to see how you make these. I love stained glass but think it will be quite a while (if ever) before I give it a try.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Totally NOT bored - totally fascinated!! I LOVE seeing how stuff is made - and this stuff is SO pretty - ;))

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh a new direction here Linda! Love the idea and definitely not boring, I look forward to seeing the finished frames works. The colours of the glass shards are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting and inspirational. I wonder, do you find that you have a lot of tiny cuts on your hands? That was my objection to stained glass work, years ago.

I especially love the way you have translated working with fabric scraps to working with glass scraps - cross fertilization!

ceci