Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Violet's quilt

     My granddaughter is 3 months old now. I did a quick panel type baby quilt when she was born, but was planning on using these improv birds and butterflies made by following Lynne's patterns that I bought. Making improv is not easy as you would think. I could not get the butterflies to be reliably the way I wanted them and gave up and used what I had or else Violet would be six by the time I would be done.
     I laid them out how I wanted them and then had to figure how to add the extra pieces to pull it all together. I used varieties of White on whites (WOW). Math is not my strong suit. I made sure I had a new rotary blade.
     I also used the alphabet tutorial from Lynne to make the letters. Many bad e's were made.


     I had thought of making a border of Half Square Rectangles. But either using white or colors, it did not work well. I then tried skinny random sized piano keys, did not look good either. I asked for help and a friend sent some ideas. Next time I will show the solution.

6 comments:

Pat McDonald said...

Looks Great, Love it.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Just think of it as working a giant jigsaw puzzle . . . lucky girl to get this quilt.

Sewgirl said...

So sweet! Your granddaughter will love it!

Unknown said...

That's going to be SEW cute, Linda!! Looking forward to the solution to the border issue. I'm sure you have found something just right!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

It's LOVELY!! I'm looking forward to seeing the "solution" - ;))

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Did yo come up with a solution? What about a big white border - but use another bird or butterfly block as the cornerstones in the border? Then you could quilt butterflies or birds or flowers in the border to add dimension???