Monday, March 7, 2022

Packing it all up

      So far, five stained glass mosaics made it out of the post office. I heard from two recipients so I know they did not break, whew.  I had a hard time finding boxes- either the right size or in a quantity that was reasonable as I am not manufacturing these. I finally found boxes on Amazon and only had to buy 25.

     Inside went the mosaic, a letter, lyrics to Stained Glass, a pocket quilt, a window hook, and lots of bubblewrap taped down around the mosaic in the center of the box.

     I was surprised the cost to ship in these in the US was just under $6.00. Let's not talk about international shipping.
     I have two new ones started, the blue is ready to be grouted but I want to finish another yellow and orange one before I make more grout mess. I find that when the longarm is warming up, I can get some pieces cut and placed.


6 comments:

Kathy S. said...

What a beautiful package. I'm surprised shipping is only $6. That's awesome. Happy mailing.

Gene Black said...

I would have expected the shipping to be a lot more than that.
I am loving the blue butterfly!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with Kathy S. and Gene - I would have expected the shipping to be much more that $6. Your butterflies are BEAUTIFUL and your careful packaging is sure to be appreciated - ;))

O'Quilts said...

wow...totally impressed!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Glorious blues in this butterfly Linda.

Vicki W said...

Such a fantastic and thoughtful package!