Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Cooking on a few burners

      Lots going on in the making department. One of the many quilt tops QuiltDiva Julie has sent me went out the door this week to a family member dealing with breast cancer. I was able to quilt the plaid HST quilt, put the quilt package together (tote bag, quilt, card, music CD, pocket quilts and book- 50 days of Hope), and deliver it out of town.

All fluffed and washed

Quilted

Bag
     I was also able to complete 2 more Stained Glass mosaic butterflies and grout them. They went out yesterday to 2 recipients.

Ungrouted

Grouted
     In a bag, I had a number of nicely pressed HSTs that I thought just needed laying out. When I started to put them in a pattern on the wall, I realized they were leftovers from another quilt (forgot to label it on bag) and there were not enough to pull the pattern off. I did not want to just put white along the sides to fill it out. So, back into the bag it went.


8 comments:

Joyce Carter said...

Love the quilt Linda. It is really beautiful. And so are the stained glass butterflies. You are doing a wonderful job making them. Are they getting easier to make?

Gene Black said...

The butterflies are gorgeous. While I would want to make them symmetrical and would be frustrated, I realize that the asymmetry in yours is part of the charm and artistry.

O'Quilts said...

Wow...lots done...congrats on your outreach xoxo

Mystic Quilter said...

You have been busy Linda. I love your quilting on the HST quilt from Julie

Vicki W said...

You and Julie make a good team! The butterfly mosaics are so beautiful. Doesn't grouting make a huge difference?

Quiltdivajulie said...

I think you did a MARVELOUS job with the HST quilt top. Those borders make a huge difference as does your quilting,

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Gosh that quilt will definitely bring comfort!!
and your stained glass is gorgeous!

Cathy said...

I like the quilt package you put together. Wonderful idea (that I will have to remember).

And you know I love the stained glass!