Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Ready for Violet

     Finally, the last stitch is in Violet's quilt, just before she turns 4 months on Mar. 14th. I am happy with the longarm quilting. I just went for it and combined motifs. I did small swirls around the letters and a border design. I used Wonderfil Master Quilt lavender (recommended by Terri Cherne at the Wonderfil Booth in Canada years ago) on the  top and Dove Grey DecoBob in the bobbin. Birds, Butterflies, and letters made with patterns from Lynne on Etsy. Quilt design original.
     Now, I just have to get it to her.

Notice the difference in texture between the unquilted and quilted areas.
Quilting makes the quilt.


     Laid the quilt on the floor to check it and figure out binding, Tugger appears out of nowhere to anchor and inspect.
All bound and done.

Back


10 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree - quilting makes the quilt - and this quilt is something SPECIAL!! Violet is one lucky little lady - ;))

Gene Black said...

Yes, I love the quilting to be as interesting as the piecing in a quilt especially if there is a lot of background. I think it adds another layer of design.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful all over quilting - well done!!!!! (and I'm especially happy that YOU are happy with your work)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Its fantastic!!!
you did an amazing job!!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is so pretty. I bet she will love the back too.

O'Quilts said...

Wonderful job!! I love Violet already and I have not even met her...She will love her quilt xo

Kathy S. said...

The quilting definitely makes the quilt. It is just gorgeous! Happy birthday, Violet!

Mystic Quilter said...

Congratulations on such a pretty quilt for your grand-daughter! I love the birds and butterflies, I'm sure will also - and obviously Tugger has good taste in deciding to rest on Violet's quilt!

Cathy said...

Sweet quilt for a girl with a sweet name! I especially love those butterflies and the border.
Well, if quilting makes the quilt I need to learn to quilt a little better! That's the part I don't really like to do!



Vicki W said...

It's such a beautiful quilt!