Friday, April 22, 2016

Holding my breath on the pieces

     I have been for months making made fabric from scraps to cut up in spoke shape for the flowering snowball quilt. I had made about four trial blocks and decided to go ahead and cut all the spokes for all 56 blocks - 4 in each- (finish under 10" in size). Now that I have the investment of time in it, I sewed up more blocks and put them up to see if it was going to be chaos or fun. I stepped back, snapped a photo and decided I like it. Good thing. 
     There is something so satisfying to me about sewing curved blocks. I don't use any pins except the two when I sew the black center piece to the two semicircle  parts. Lots of fun!
Pieces and more pieces
Trying it out on the wall

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

Oh gosh, that's fantastic!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like it!!!

Dre in PA said...

It's like Where's Waldo for me, looking for my ustabe scraps!! What fun!!

Elizabeth said...

I love scraps. Love them But you can have mine. Well, some of them. I have a stash for you. When the IF IT FITS IT SHIPS box is full, you get them!

Missy Shay said...

I have never sewn any curved blocks, I love yours!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! This is TOTALLY different take on a Crumb Quilt. LOVE it!!