Sunday, July 23, 2023

Green/Gold HSTs

      The second gifted HST quilt is a green/golds one. I tried arranging the groupings of 4 in different directions, but I kept coming back to all of them in the same position. Somehow, that appeals to me. The varied tones of greens and golds seem to pull together this way. The quilt was a little small, so I added a 2" finished green border and now am picking a wider yellow one (4" Finished). I don't know why, but it reminds me of picnic tables in the park when I was a kid. They were always dark green.


6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Green and yellow always reminds me of sunflower farms or sweet corn.
I like triangles all marching the same direction too.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree - they remind me of sunflowers and sweet corn - and I like them all marching in the same direction, too. I really like the borders that you are adding - ;))

Gene Black said...

I am reading a book that talks a good bit about neurology. One of the things he mentions is how there are certain things that trigger memories. Clearly that color triggers your memory of the picnic tables.

Quiltdivajulie said...

The picnic tables in the large park near my childhood house were all dark green, too! And yes, to the memories of fields of sunflowers. I love the varied yellows in the border! Fits with the scrappy yellows in the HSTs.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice colors together.

Mystic Quilter said...

I think the triangles are looking good all going in the same direction and a little green and yellow for the borders is a great way to go.