Thursday, July 20, 2023

The floral 4 patch finally quilted

      This quilt has been a long time coming. It started inspired by a quilt I saw at a quilt show years ago. When I finished piecing it, it did not match what I saw in my mind. I was looking for some floating feeling from the floral 4 patches. I found a great border, but it still sat. Finally, I forced myself to quilt it. It was a lot of work as it is a big quilt and there was a lot of quilting.
     It is finished, but it still does not live up to what I had seen in my head. I think the black, even though I used black on black prints, ruins it. I usually never use black in painting or quilting.
     I think someone will like it. I was glad I could get the quilting done finally.



6 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I think it turned out lovely - and the black doesn't ruin it at all - ;))

Mystic Quilter said...

I don't think the black spoils this quilt, it does stand out boldly against the white/cream background I know but you have so many beautiful floral squares which are given attention. Would you have been happier with dark blue or a black with a tiny, tiny pattern?

Jeanna said...

That is a beautiful quilt! The black is perfect just where it is. It acts as a frame and I love it!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

We learn something new from every quilt we make. The black doesn't ruin it, it just didn't meet your expectations and now you will probably not use it again. I'm sure someone will love that quilt.

Vicki W said...

I've found that every quilt, even one that I think isn't great, is loved by someone! This one will find a perfect home.

Gene Black said...

I will echo the other comments: The black doesn't ruin it at all.
I love the strong contrast the black gives it. And I do see the "floating effect" that you were going for (and in my opinion, achieved.)