Friday, July 21, 2023

Some special HSTs

       In looking over past posts and lack of, I realized that although I posted the bars and leaves quilt I sewed and quilted that was given me by Quiltdiva Julie, I never posted the extent of the gifted top kits. There were 4 quilt kits contained plus backings, bindings. Two were the strips/bars and two were precut triangles for HST quilts. I have been chipping away at the two HSTs ones. The orange HST arrangement is tall and skinny, but I like the diamond center. If I use wide side borders, it may work. I have a gray print on the wall to consider.


I changed the green strip between the triangles to a gray

Trying some layouts with HSTS

First attempt on wall. The top row is flopped over because my wall is not tall enough.

Full layout, gray side border idea
     I am going to rearrange all the HSTs again in a different layout to try another idea.

5 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oooh - I LIKE it! You make me want to make one - ;))

Gene Black said...

I like the diamond center, also.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love the substitution of gray for the green. Delighted to see this come to fruition - no matter how you decide to lay out the HSTs.

Vicki W said...

Oh gosh, I do love these blocks!

Jeanna said...

Those blocks are going to make a nice quilt, no matter which layout you choose. I couldn't select a favorite, if I had to.