Thursday, August 3, 2023

Nine patch combo all done!

      A long while ago, a quilt guild friend gave me a kit someone gave her to use as a comfort quilt. Love to get stuff like that. It was not difficult, but it was not a color combo I like- browns. It doesn't matter what I think, the person receiving the quilt is the point.
     Since the backing was made over a year ago, I was able to throw it on the longarm since I was out of sewn up backings. It was fun to quilt. The finished quilt looks better than when I sewed it. I think it is because I had cataract surgery in May and my vision does not have all that yellow in it. Things look clearer and more vibrant. With me, it is all about color (and value). A friend suggested a flange binding with light blue strip. I know A Left Handed quilter would agree.




6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Brown is a neutral and can be paired with almost every other color but I especially like it paired with blue.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Yes, I do agree - LOL - a flange binding is my favorite way to bind a quilt. I know that you don't like brown - but I read/heard somewhere that if you wanted to add a color to your mix without adding a "color" - that you should add brown - it goes with everything. And I agree with Wanda - it goes especially well with blue - ;))

Jeanna said...

I'm not usually a 'brown' person either but the colors in this quilt look very nice. What a fun backing! YES to the flange binding.

Gene Black said...

I think I like the backing better than the front. Probably that is because it is a little more unexpected.

Vicki W said...

I love both sides of this quilt. Comfort on one side, fun on the other. The flange binding is a very nice touch.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice quilt. I love flange bindings.