Sunday, August 27, 2023

Nine patch comfort

       I finished the quilt that was given to me as a kit from someone who was passing it on because they know I make comfort quilts. I love the back more than the front. Yesterday, I was able to get it washed, packed up with pocket quilts, CD, book, handmade card, and custom pocket ready and gifted to a friend's brother in law facing a bone marrow transplant in early September. He is very ill and scared I am told. I pray the quilt will give him some measure of comfort. I heard from my friend, that her brother in law took it out of the bag and has been cuddled in it on his couch since he opened it. Can't ask for any better than that for a quilt.



     This the quilt bag and accessories that I send with the newly washed and dried quilt. If anyone has other suggestions what to put in, I would love to know that. I am always looking to upgrade.

Bag with custom pocket, devotional book, handmade card, 2 pocket quilts, instrumental CD

All packed and ready to go in XL ziploc bag and sealed to deliver.

9 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

What a wonderful quilt and package! I'm sorry your friend's brother-in-law is so ill - but the quilt obviously brought him comfort. You're right - can't ask for any better than that for a quilt - ;))

Mystic Quilter said...

The quilt bag and the accessories you have in there couldn't be bettered, at least that's just what I think.The CD is a super idea.

Vicki W said...

What a special treat to know that your gift brought so much comfort!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm happy to hear he is getting comfort from your gift. It sounds like it is calming for him.

Elsie Montgomery said...

You inspire me to do the same with the quilts I give to needy folks! Thank you so much!

Gene Black said...

That is lovely package of items to go with the comfort quilt. I am not sure there is a lot you could do to upgrade it.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That is a great bag of goodies for someone facing physical trials.

Kathy S. said...

Your gift has so much love and care put into it. The whole thing is beautiful. You are definitely using your God-given talents to serve. :)

Review said...

Thanks for your thoughtful and detailed posts