Friday, August 4, 2023

Guild mystery quilt

      The final clue of the guild mystery quilt came in and I was able to lay it out. The paper copy showed a square. I don't know why, I hate square quilts. Maybe because people are rectangular, not square. I stopped subscribing to Block magazine because most of the quilts lately were squares. I like the colors I picked not knowing what the quilt looked like. Relief.
     I pondered with some graph paper and added a top and bottom row which I think finish it off better and makes it a rectangle. Win-win. Now to find a backing. Not sure I can get it quilted by the reveal in September.



7 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I like your version, too - and I agree with you - I prefer rectangular quilts - ;))

Mystic Quilter said...

You made a good decision to go with top and bottom row additions, the quilt looks great!

Gene Black said...

Yes I agree, rectangular quilts are more useful. For a table topper, square works for a square or round table.
I think it is easier to design a square quilt in general for symmetry, but I still prefer to make it a rectangle.

Kathy S. said...

It's beautiful, Linda. I'm not a square quilt person either unless it's a wallhanging or table topper. Nice job on doing the math to make it a rectangle.

Vicki W said...

I stopped doing mystery quilts because there was always something that I didn't like about them. I like your retangular version of this one a lot.

Jeanna said...

The changes you made to the pattern worked perfectly. I love the colors, too!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That turned out nice. I like rectangular quilts better, too.