Sunday, September 3, 2023

Inspiration from the ADK

    Every August for the past 28 years, we have visited the Adirondacks for a week. Sometimes, it was abbreviated or crazy with family situations, but we manage to pull it off. This year, my daughter and her family, my son and some of his family and my husband's sister spent a wonderful week there. It did rain for 3 days and there things we did not get to do, but it was beautiful and inspirational none the less. The water lilies (my personal favorite) were buried under too much water runoff when we were there. I find the scenery and the air invigorating and it feeds my inner self to be in it.

Granddaughter and husband in the chair atop McCauley Mt courtesy of the chairlift access

View from the chair at the top

The dam this year was overflowing, no drop off after dam. I have never seen this in all the years we have hiked this trail.


You can see how the water lily leaves were all below the water, so no flowers


Submerged water lilies

Usually the channel meanders, but is all flooded wide at the Green Bridge I am standing on to take these photos




6 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

It's beautiful - no wonder you go year after year - ;))

Gene Black said...

It is indeed a lovely place.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Such beautiful greens and those long shots make me breathe deeper here in the muggy humid air.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The dam area must have been almost unrecognizable without the drop off water. Lots of soothing green there.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Its so beautiful!
The chair photo is too fun!

Mystic Quilter said...

Looks such a beautiful spot to have a week spent with family. Your photos of the surroundings can't help but make me feel relaxed just looking at tham, to spend time looking at these views would have been magical.