Monday, September 18, 2023

It is coming! Fall that is.

      I love Fall even though it brings winter. I love the colors and scenery. I love Fall leaves. As I was going through UFO projects, I found the pieces of Applachian Autumn (Bonnie Hunter pattern) that I started last year. I took the bag apart and tried to remember what in the world I was doing. I definitely needed to cut more HSTs, much more.

     As I dragged out more fabric scraps to get ready for die cutting, I found a freebie  maple leaf pattern. It took 5" Squares, and I have lots of 5" squares cut and sorted by colors. Squirrel!
    Ok, but I needed more and I hate square quilts.
     Ok, more please with the colors.

     Yes, that is it! All from stash. And the backing was a wide piece from Gwen with a strip added on.


10 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

What a pretty SQUIRREL!! - ;))

Vicki W said...

What a lovely autumnal quilt! That will make someone very happy!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the fall colors too. You have a pretty one there.

Gene Black said...

That quilt looks perfect for today as I woke up to a cool morning.

Jeanna said...

You made a beautiful fall quilt. I need to dig into some of my languishing projects and see if they can be repurposed into something useful.

Jocelyn said...

It's beautiful!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice quick quilt! Fun squirrel.

Quiltdivajulie said...

That's one handsome autumn squirrel! I love my Resplendent quilt from Bonnie's Appalachian Autumn pattern. And I remember loving your version with the blue backgrounds.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a great one!! your squirrel led you down the right trail!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice use of your Autumn squares both for the Maple Leaf and the top and bottom borders. Always a good feeling when we can rummage in our stash and had a great result.