Friday, November 13, 2020

Sometimes it comes together, but not right

      Another of the quilt tops finished at retreat, it used 10" Kaffe squares (Missouri Star Daily Deal- always gets me when it is Kaffe) and white. I have no idea how I muffed the layout of the blocks. I did not see the errors when I laid out the quilt, but when I sewed it together, POW, there it is. These blocks are impossible to rip apart as all the edges are bias and that would be a bigger disaster. I don't think the comfort quilt participant will care about the big boo boo. To comfort myself, I bought another Kaffe layer cake when it was offered this week to try again and get it right. It is not the first time I made this pattern- Disappearing Hourglass from MSQC. My brain must have been too distracted and cluttered. Focus again is critical.



7 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the occasional star with the 4 patch center. It adds a lot of interest to the quilt.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I think it is wonderful! Boo boo or not.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I don't know Kaffe, so I see absolutely NOTHING wrong with your blocks, Linda. All I can see is a bright and cheerful quilt top!

Debbie said...

Darling, those are not goofs or mistakes. These are serendipities that are beautiful. It turned out to create movement and looks wonderful don't fret about it at all.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with everyone else - I wouldn't fret either - it's BEAUTIFUL! Maybe your quilt top was talking to you - it wanted some stars with 4-patch centers to make it special - and it is - ;))

Joyce Carter said...

I also agree with everyone. It is very beautiful and I love the addition of the four patch in the center of some Stars. It adds personality to the quilt.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Since there are three blocks with 4 patch centers, it looks like it was designed that way.