Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Borders and another top

      Using the four patches as Leader/Enders, I finished the checkerboard border on the Snail's Trail piece. I do think it needs one more border and am thinking of more text fabric. I have to audition some and see. I wish it was bigger, but I am not ripping it apart now. I think the sashing helps to calm down the sharpness of the blocks and I love the scrappiness.


     Another quilt top finished at the retreat is a free pattern from Jo's Country Junction called Jimmy John. A guild member gifted me with a bright jelly roll and I thought this pattern was perfect.



7 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I really like the Snail's Trail with the sashing and that cool border. I agree it needs a little something more to finish it off.

Joyce Carter said...

I love the Snail's Trail with all the scrappiness. It is VERY pretty. I really like the Star quilt you showed in your last post, too. I kinda have a thing for Stars ever since you showed a Star quilt you made. Star blocks have become my favorite.
I hope you are doing well.

Debbie said...

Whoa, I really like this one! It is great. Your border idea is good one to finish it off. A perfect scrappy pattern for a jelly roll too. You got a lot accomplished. Good for you!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Those are SO pretty!! Great progress!! - ;))

Vicki W said...

I love both of them!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Snails trails is amazing! all those colors are so pretty!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I really like that Snails Trails quilt.