Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Circles hanging together by threads

     Since the Circle Dance quilt was on the wall and spilling onto the floor, I needed to get it off and in order. Wanda recommended taking off by column and clipping the columns together. I did that and put the first column pile on the left and second on the right. Taking one from each column and sewing them together and then chain piecing the entire 2 columns. I certainly hope I understood her directions. I sewed columns 1 to 7 together (should have stopped a row sooner) and then 8 to 12. I have to iron all the seams and then pin the rows together. The last will be to sew that last column seam. It is rather unwieldy and I have been procrastinating ironing and pinning. I also have been watching the grandkids due to some family emergency. I am also packing for Quilting by the Lake next week; I won a scholarship and will be taking 5 days of classes with Victoria Findlay Wolfe. A bit nervous about it. Since I will living in a dorm, I have to bring everything for that and sewing stuff. And this for one who hates to pack.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Success!! I know what you mean about procrastinating pressing. That is probably the step I hate the most.

Julierose said...

Hello--I came over from Terri's blog--loving your circles quilt--great color choices...lovely work hugs, Julierose