Monday, April 28, 2014

Fabric Field Trip


     What could be better than a fabric field trip with friends who are awesome quilters and help you pick out fabric? Nothing in my book. On Saturday, we took a trip to Penn Yan Sewing Machine (2 1/2 hours away) to deliver 4 machines for repair and pick one up. None of them were mine. However, just down the road is Golden Lake Fabrics, a Mennonite fabric store. You have to pay by cash or check, but the top of the line fabric is significantly less $$$. I bought batiks for a Judy Niemeyer quilt called Sea Urchin. It is my first attempt with her patterns. I have very talented friends who are going to help me cut this out. I did not realize it took so much fabric, so I could only afford to buy the background fabric and have to save up to buy the bright colors. All 3 of my friends pullled out fabric and helped me select it. 
    I also bought border fabric for my One Block Wonder quilt. They also helped me make, I think,  a great selection. More eyes help me look at more options critically.
    At Mt. Pleasant Quilting, I succumbed to a very unusual fabric from STOF for using in a bag. I don't want a tote, but bigger than a small bag. Have to find a pattern. 

Border fabric choices against top


Final Arrangement

Darks for Background choices
Really Funky Fabric, STOF from Denmark

No comments: