Sunday, September 11, 2022

Elizabeth's Leaves

    A great thing about making comfort quilts a mainstay effort is that other people help me at times, totally unsolicited. In this case, my friend Elizabeth gifted me this quilt all quilted she made so I could finish quilting my quilts for the guild quilt show in October. They are done.     
    I did get a request from a friend for her friend, Barb, who is undergoing cancer treatment again. She is a former elementary principal. I thought the colors and leaves were perfect for her and calming. After sewing on a label, sewing a pocket on the bag (orphan block) and packing it, my friend gave it to Barb when she took her for treatment. She loved it and was greatly surprised. Another quilt does it job well. Thank you, Elizabeth!

On the design wall when bound

Outside in the natural light (blues are tricky to get right)




7 comments:

Vicki W said...

Another great collaboration!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Beautiful! - ;))

Gene Black said...

That is a lovely quilt. The bag goes with it nicely.

Gwen said...

Love the quilting texture on this lovely quilt. Wonderful to include a bag for it, too!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Calming colors and nature inspired, a great combination for a comfort quilt.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Such a wonderful color palette -- and a terrific finish.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is so super sweet!!
and a beautiful quilt!!!