Friday, September 30, 2022

Chock full of quilts

     On October 7th and 8th, our guild is having its triennial show. In order to hang the show cohesively and in good order and time, I take all the entries into my home and long arm studio basement. I photograph each one, crop the photos and then print them out. I take these photos and lay out the show on a large map with the help of my co-chair. Then, we label all the quilts with the place it goes, like (A10)- row A, spot 10. Each quilt is in its own clear plastic bag. Right now, my basement is chock full. It makes me nervous having everyone's quilt here, big responsibility.
    I will be so relieved when they go home from the show.






8 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh that looks like a lot of work!!! but so cool!

Vicki W said...

Oh gosh, that's a lot of work! Our committee makes us submit a printed photo with our quilts. I can't imagine doing all that photography!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You sure got your exercise hanging and photographing all of the quilts. Maybe next time you could get each person to hold their quilts for photography when they drop them off to you or to provide a photograph with their quilt. I hope you have a great show and lots of people attending the show.

Mystic Quilter said...

Goodness Linda such a lot of quilts to deal with here, Wanda has a great suggestion having the quilters help with photography, that must have been a heck of a job. Good luck with show!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with Vicki W - that's a LOT of work!! Have each quilter provide a printed photo of their quilt when they drop off their quilt next time - ;))

Gene Black said...

That is an awful lot of work for one person. I know the co-chair helps with layout, but still you are doing a lot.
I agree that each should provide a photo.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Joining the chorus - each quilt should come with a printed color photo of itself along with dimensions to save the layout committee those labor intensive steps.

O'Quilts said...

Wow and wow...very impressive xo