Tuesday, September 13, 2022

A classy finish for Flaneur

    This is another wonderful comfort quilt top gifted to me by Quiltdivajulie. I did some rearranging, adding the skinny dividing strips. There was enough fabric left that she sent so I was able to put a skinny light border on, holding all those HST seams closed. Here is the process.    
    When it came time to quilt, I again printed a B&W photo and put it in a sheet protector to figure out the quilting. I had a hard time because there is not a lot of regular repeats. I ended up quilting diagonals in the corners, a center repeating square and other repeats-one top and bottom, and another the two outer long sides. I used Glide Blizzard in the top and Glide 60 gray in the bobbin. For some reason, I kept getting confused and had to do some ripping and consulting my plan.
    Julie had sent me the backing (so cool!) and binding, a very nice rich purple, but I was compelled to go with a flange binding using a yellow gold for the skinny part and the same blue I used for the dividing strips. I do like the way it came out. Right now, it does not have a recipient, but I know I will get a request soon as always and I will be ready!
    Thank you, Julie! I hope you like what I did with it and am happy you sent it.

Outside in the shade

Sunny view

Texture showing in shade/sun

In the shade

In the sun

5 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

WOW!! I repeat - you and Julie make a great pair! - ;))

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Very nice!!

Gene Black said...

Great collaboration on that one. I love the quilting. And that backing is cool.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love what you did with it!! Your quilting is so cool!!!

Vicki W said...

Oh wow, I love the quilting that you did on this one!