Sunday, October 9, 2022

Truly magical time

     One of my favorite spots on the planet is the Adirondack area  near Old Forge, NY. We have traveled there every summer for a week in August for over 25 years. In the past 5 years, we have spent 3-4 days in September there also. It is about a 5 hour drive from home in Buffalo, NY. The past couple of years, in fall, we stayed in a tiny cottage on 1st Lake. This year, it was golden- I was able to take over 200 photos that I use as reference for my paintings. Waiting for them to come back from Snapfish.
    One of the best places is the cottage's porch where we eat and drink coffee and just stare at the lake. Every moment, the light changes and enthralls. I can't believe I actually am so blessed to be there.


    The lake has so many faces and nuances depending on the sun, the time of the day, the wind, and so on. Campfires are phenomenal by the lake.




    Nearby, the Moose River as it meanders through the area, has gorgeous marshes and views. Saving those photos for another day. The other lakes in the Fulton Chain (8) are all beautiful as well as Raquette Lake and Blue Mountain Lake where the Adirondack Experience (museum) is. Fall was evident everywhere.




Adirondack Experience (museum)

8 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Beautiful photos! The shot with the sky all pink and purple is amazing!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Beautiful - ;))

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Looks like a great place. I used to live on a lake. I loved it.

Vicki W said...

It reminds me of the places where we stay in Maine. Chris and I will need to check out the Adirondacks some day.

Gene Black said...

Great pictures. I love fall and winter sunsets over the water.

Mystic Quilter said...

What a pleasure to see these photographs! I could just use a week staying there gazing at the water, the sunsets and really relaxing. Looking forward to the next photos of Moose River, hope all ok with you.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

How stunningly beautiful!!! the one with the pinks and blues is simply amazing!!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Absolutely gorgeous - how wonderful that you were able to spend some time there!