Friday, October 21, 2022

A new Upstairs, Downstairs

    There is nothing like sewing fabric together to help keep me together. Somehow as fabric builds into a quilt, it energizes me. I worked slowly with sickness on another Upstairs, Downstairs quilt made from a fabric line called Watermark. I really liked the fabric enough to buy 2 jelly rolls. The problem was a few of the fabrics had annoying areas- like black circles on white- that stood out like a sore thumb. I went through over 5 arrangements and got expert advice from A Left Handed Quilter, and settled on the last layout. It is all clipped together for webbing which I will do at the retreat in November. I wish I was happier with it, but it is too late to change out those strips now. Love the blues.






9 comments:

O'Quilts said...

I just LOVE it. I am starting to get better two months after my move..TBTG..so back to blogging I go..so grateful xoxoxo

Quiltdivajulie said...

I think the dark spots add a lot of energy - just my two cents worth.

Gene Black said...

I think that it is fun with the circles showing up sort of randomly within the planned design. There is a nice patterning to the entire quilt.

Vicki W said...

Oh my gosh, that's beautiful! Have a great time on retreat. At least you know you can't get sick!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is so pretty. I like the texture of the lively prints mixed in.

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful Delft blues in this Many Trips around the World quilt,
looks like you may be able to get the blocks stitched together as you recover, do hope so.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That turned out pretty!! Those silly black circles give it some nice movement - and a little surprise in spots - ;))

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love this one!! The colors are some of my favorites!!!

Quayquilter said...

I like the dots. They are a focus and a feature. Perhaps you will come to love them in time.