Thursday, October 20, 2022

The show must go on...

     ...Even if I couldn't. I had the whole quilt show in bags. All arranged on a map, identifying cards in every separate bag, all stacked by row on tables in my basement.

Just part of the bags of quilts
    Set up was Wednesday, Oct 5th for the racks and Thursday, Oct. 6th for the quilts, tea room, boutique, baskets, etc.  On Tuesday afternoon while at the vet with my cat, the ceiling opened up and a ton of bricks fell on me- metaphorically speaking. By the time I got home, I practically crawled to bed in body ache pain and a whopping sharp headache. I started the early treatment Covid protocol treatment that I all prepped. By next morning, I had 101.7 fever and lots of body pain in every joint as well as the sharp headache and I tested positive. My husband stepped up, as he always does, and went to the hall to help set up the supports and tables for the quilt show. The next day, he loaded the whole minivan with the quilt bags, delivered them, and helped hang the show that I had laid out. I was on another planet, but bitterly disappointed. The show was Friday, Oct 7th and Sat. Oct 8th. On Saturday, real early before anyone was there, I went over and viewed the show, taking photos of my two quilts and trying to get a sense of how the show looked.


Our quilt show people love to add all sorts of decor stuff to the displays,
so you never know what you will find around your quilt.

    My fever broke Friday night. For days, I was so despondent about not participating in our every three year show. People tried to be nice by saying things could be worse. Not helpful. I am much better with it now, just sad about it, but it takes time. I was extremely fatigued, brain fogged, and lost my taste and smell after 6 days with it. Today, it is 15 days after it started, and my brain is better, most taste is back, and just moderately tired. Paxlovid is not good for cardiac patients on certain medicines, so I opted out. Thank God I was prepared with early treatment and knew what to do.
    I am going to say only little, but after being vax injured at the first round in February 2021 and being gaslighted by every local doctor I tried to get help with, I spent a lot of energy in research for help. It was confirmed my reaction was not in my head and I needed medical help to recover. Fortunately, I found a group who enabled me recover in May 2021 and prepare early treatment should I get Covid. I have spent countless hours researching and following reports and data from VAERS, V-Safe, the UK and Israel among other experts. I grieve over the deaths and injuries. Most will disdain me and feel anger having the narrative challenged, so I say no more. If you are one of the few who want to know what I learned and how I prepared, email me, otherwise please just pass by I wrote. Don't write to me in anger and nastiness- I already got loads of that.

10 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I am so thankful you are on the road to recovery. I remember how long your reaction to the vaccine was affecting you.

Quilting Babcia said...

So sorry that you're going through this terrible virus again. The show looked great from the photos you included.
I understand completely the angst we all go through when we have a different opinion about Anything these days. It's utter madness.

Joyce Carter said...

Hi Linda. I am so sorry to hear that you had the virus. I pray that you will continue to get better every day and be back to your old self soon.
I would very much appreciate any info you can share with me. I am taking 8 medications now and I know there are certain things I can't take because of the heart medication. So getting Covid is very scary to me.From what I have heard, the virus is gone and we no longer need to wear a mask. But if that is the case, then why are people still getting it? You don't know what to believe any more.
Take care of yourself! Hugs

Kathy S. said...

Praise God for your healing. I am so glad that you were prepared. No hate mail here -- NOTHING BUT LOVE! Your two quilts look beautiful hanging at the show. Kudos to your husband for stepping in and helping with all of the set up. Quilt show set up is no easy task. Praying you are over the hump and on your way to a full recovery.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh How heartbreaking - all that work you did... I am so sorry!! but I am so glad you are on the road to recovery!!!I would love to know what your prep kit was... I am one who always likes to be prepared since we live so far from town.

What a wonderful husband you have to step up and fill in for you! and glad you at least got to see your quilts. Hugs my friend!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Very glad to hear you are recovering now. And to Joyce - the virus is NOT gone. It will never be gone, just like the flu and the common cold. Our methods for coping are better though (and I still wear my mask without shame).

Nancy said...

I would love any information you would care to share. I feel everyone needs to do what is best for them. Medicine should be based on individual health and needs, not on the drug company’s say so. Sort of like the fox guarding the chickens.

Vicki W said...

I am so sorry that you got sick but am so glad that you were prepared! There's no substitute for each of us doing our own research and preparedness.

O'Quilts said...

Goodness...I am sorry it lasted so long and was so powerful Wrong timing for sure Thank God we carry on xoxo

Mystic Quilter said...

Way behind in reading comments I'm afraid but so pleased to read that you are recovering now. Sorry you missed the show but you had a good man to help! Your comments re Covid are very interesting indeed. Paxlovid is currently chowing on our screens regularly her in New Zealand, after reading this post I checked things out and I certainly couldn't take this medication because of the interaction with cardiac meds. I see you have one commenter who says she hears that Covid is gone and masks are no longer required, we seem to have the same problem here. Husband and I still wear masks - I certainly can't risk catching Covid and looking at the figures for NZ now the numbers seem to be rising again - definitely still with us and I think for our foreseeable future.