Monday, August 29, 2022

Wonky Stars sparkle

     The last quilt I needed to finish quilting for the October guild show has been completed. The leader-ender-scrap Wonky Stars is quilted and bound. I again printed out the photo, put it in clear sleeve and worked out the quilting pattern. Kind of a different quilting idea and some may just hate it, but I think it works with the pieced design. I am ambivalent about the quilt yet- sometimes it takes a while whether I really like something I made when complete. It is 68 x 90. I used mocha Glide on the top and gray Glide 60 in the bobbin. It was a lot of quilting. I hope to wash it before the show to puff it up.

Fresh off longarm and trimmed

Back

Full front bound

Detail of star circle. Yes, I know my circles wobble. Chalk lines still visible.

Detail border, inside

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

This quilt is beautiful! I love your quilting on it.

Joyce Carter said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Linda! I love the quilting also.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

WOW!! I LOVE the quilting - it works beautifully with the pieced design - ;))

Gene Black said...

I love the quilting too. I am sure that you used a LOT of thread quilting it. The background of the center section makes those circles pop.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorites! Love the colors and the subtle background. Thinking of how to riff on this approach now.

ceci

Quiltdivajulie said...

Absolutely love the way you treated the borders - I remember when you were working on/stressing over this one as you pieced the top. Congrats for having the ability to quilt it YOUR way. It is your quilt, after all.

Mystic Quilter said...

Stunning Wonky Star quilt!!! The inside border holds all the stars together beautifully, your quilting Linda is super. Thank you also for showing the wonderful scenes in your previous post, looks a beautiful place to take your holidays.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh this is so pretty!
Congrats on getting it done in time!!!

Gwen said...

Love those wonky stars against those lights! The quilting looks great. Love the quilting in the borders especially.