Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Quilted: Blue Bargello

    Our guild quilt show is in October, so I have to get going and quilt my quilts for it. I had to stop doing the comfort quilts to do this and it pains me to do so. The Blue Bargello was first. I do not like stitch in the ditch. Maybe I am a weirdo, but ok. I hate pantos. Double weirdo.
    This time, I used an idea I stole from someone- I printed out a photo of the quilt (in black and white with the opacity lowered) and put it in a sheet protector. I used white board markers to draw ideas. I came up with a design that used parallel lines on the dark colors and swirls and leaves on the light. This helped a great deal to figure out what to do.
    The quilt has not yet been washed, so the pink chalk is still visible and it is hard to see the quilting as it hasn't puffed up yet. I did not get a photo of the back yet. I used Glide Steel Blue on the top and a PremoSoft blue in the bobbin. Oddly, I had no issues with all those seams. I will get some better photos later as the quilting isn't showing up as it is in real life.





7 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

What a clever idea to use a sheet protector and a dry-erase marker! From what I see - the quilting is BEAUTIFUL - ;))

Quiltdivajulie said...

What an excellent quilting plan - I love the results, even with the chalk marks still showing. Beautiful!!!

Gene Black said...

I have a bargello or two that I have studiously avoided quilting because of all those seams.
I like your quilting idea for it. I may try that.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Such a beautiful quilt, it will look great in the guild show.

Joyce Carter said...

A beautiful quilt Linda and from what I can see, the quilting is awesome. I really like the idea of using a sheet protector and a dry erase marker. It is a great way to come up with the design that you like. Will have to try this.

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a beautiful finish Linda, I love the colours and your idea for deciding on a quilting design has worked out so well.

Kathy S. said...

Oh wow! The quilting is beautiful. Good luck at the guild show. It's so fun that things are getting back to normal for now and we can attend quilt shows!